Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hectic schedules...Jesus has an answer!

Time with Jesus...are you compelled to get things done for Jesus before you spend time with Him? It's a subtle trap I call the Martha Mentality. I know it well because I overcome it daily. I love Jesus & I love doing for Jesus, but "doing" for Him is not the same as "being" with Him!

Jesus described Martha as overly occupied- busy & distracted with much serving. He described Mary as choosing the good portion that would not be taken from her. Marthas don't stop...until they drop! Marys are able to seek Jesus & relax with Him-knowing things will get done. Sitting down when there's obvious work to be done is almost unfathomable to a Martha! Do I have any Marthas who get what I'm saying? 

All of us have hectic schedules; several things vie for first place on most days- impossibles knock on the door of our mind demanding answers. I use to ask Jesus to bless my hectic pace-only to end up frustrated the next day because I had found no relief. Then the Holy Spirit gave me revelation...I was suppose to release my hectic schedule to Him & He would instruct me on how to proceed...this  changed my life! 

Jesus knows we're busy-He knows the impossibles we face. He faced impossibles daily-healing the sick, feeding 5,000 from one lunch, constant naysayers & false accusations & those He loved denied knowing Him during His greatest need. He gets what we're going through! And we're to do as He did to get through...seek & spend time with the Father first-resting in His love; receiving restoration, direction & revelation. Don't get caught in the Martha Mentality-each day has many priorities & the only way to prioritize them is to seek Christ first. Trust Him with all your heart, don't rely on your wisdom...He will guide & direct your hectic schedule. Will you seek Jesus first?(Lk 10:39-42, Mt 6:33, Pr 3:5-6, Ps 32:8) LMM #schedules #christianinsightforlife

No comments: