Friday, June 1, 2012

You Can't Control What is Not Yours...

God is before all things and in Him all things are held together (Col 1:17).  Our God reigns...over everything-He owns what we see and don't see.  Anything that exist, does so under His reign. God allows us to "manage" His stuff with His supervision.  Examples are...our children are God's children and we are allowed to parent them, we have covenants with our spouses but they belong to God, we live in our homes and drive our cars but they're His. We know this, but become very worldly and forget at times.  We need to remind one another, the sooner we give back to God what is already His...the sooner we can release ourselves from an impossible situation of trying to control what is not ours!  

I needed this reminder last night-I was exhausted, the hail was pounding our windows, for a second I envisioned our vehicles with hail damage, then I began to retrace some unresolved matters from the day, then I tried to put in chronological order some other events then I stopped myself.  I clearly heard the Holy Spirit speak to my heart and ask me why I was having anxiety about things I had no control over & then He reminded me "everything" including "me" belongs to God and that I am allowed to "manage" what is His.  I visually saw myself holding up to heaven everything that I had been trying to control as mine. The release was a relief, but with it came a deeper revelation that God is in control-He allows me to manage His stuff, but He has it all taken care of. 

God says to seek Him and all these things will be given to you (Mt 6:33). We experience the freedom He designed for us when we allow Him to be God and we remember, we are His children.  Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom (2 Cor 3:17).  Live the free live our God offers us, don't take on what is impossible-that's His job, but you won't know unless you trust Him to do so. Blessings friend! LMM #seekGod #itisnotyours #letgo #Godisincontrol #christianinsightforlife

No comments: