Friday, August 24, 2012

Real Life...staying focused, purposed, and determined

Staying focused, purposed, and determined. We all struggle...it's real life, but we have everything we need to reach our full potential-it's God's promise. Whatever He asks of us...He will equip us to do. [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight (Phil2:13). Ask God to search your heart-to help you to know He won't ask something of you aren't able to do...maybe others have in your life, but He won't. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency] (Phil4:13). You have what it takes...but you must do your part. I post scripture on my phone and write down verses on index cards; I put them everywhere. I carry them in my purse and if I'm in the middle of the grocery and feel a wave of discouragement, I stop right there and pull out one of my scriptures to remind me of God's truth. I'm not feeling the truth, but with God's words in front of me...I'm reminded of His truth. I do this day in and day out...focusing, purposing, and determining to know Him and to fulfill the plans He predestined for me. Let's keep it real friends-blessings! 8/2012-CIFL-LMM

No comments: