Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Leaving my familiar to follow Jesus...

Leaving my familiar to follow Jesus...I'm not where I use to be but I'm not completely in my next season either-I'm in the middle part of believing. This is where God has done His greatest work in me. My middle part of believing continues to challenge me & deepen my faith. I've experienced a barrage of doubt, my insecurities have been confronted, beliefs challenged & pride purged. I've been uncomfortable, uncertain & unsettled. My former familiar predictable schedule gone...my false confidence knocked out from under me, leaving me with a sense of awkwardness. The middle part of believing has been a long journey; I've become weary & considered giving up at times...then my Father always sends His encouragement through someone who loves & values me & who will be honest with me.

I know this is how God must develop me-for me to know Him & to experience His love. I didn't know nearly what I thought I did...but this raw & vulnerable middle part of believing has led me to a deeper revelation of where I stand with God; He sustains me, comforts me & encourages me...every one of His promises is true. Emotions come & go but He never changes. I must stay connected to Him-He supplies me with everything I need, I trust Him because of Who He is...I don't have to know what He will do. He promises good plans for me & I believe Him, I know His voice-I'm never alone…ever. He's with me always-when I get into my new season, I will be ready not because I'm there...but because I know Him. The middle part of believing has been the most amazing journey of my life-I know my Father...He knows my name & He loves me! (Gal 6:9, Eph 2;10, Phil 1:6, 2:13, 3:10, Isa 43:1-2) LMM #believinggod #christianinsightforlife

No comments: