Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My heart is overflowing...

My heart is overflowing tonight with the love & support of our friends as they've encouraged & supported Rod & I self publishing our devotional, Christian Insight for Life...for every day. The love we've been given has spurred us on- we're grateful & honored beyond what words can express.
This devotional is an act of obedience-I never aspired to write. 18 mos ago God clearly instructed me to open a fb & post what He put on my heart. I didn't want a fb, but I obeyed. The fb led to this pg which led to a blog...which led to the devotional published last wk. Still, I never aspired to write anything beyond what God wanted me to post. It was only 2 mos ago that God clearly put on my heart to self publish & have a bk to offer at the Amarillo wom conf where I'm speaking nxt wk (conf is totally God). With the speed of Nehemiah hands, my husb, Rod self published the devotional through Createspace.
Obeying radical requests from God has been the agenda for Rod & me the last 8yrs, but the ante keeps getting bigger & riskier-the last 18 mos has been a go for it or go home kind of thing with God. We've been going for it-some days, honestly, I can barely keep my guts together. Then I remind myself, this has to be God bc Rod & I are not this crazy! We've been turned inside out; we've experienced a barrage of doubt, our insecurities exposed & confronted, beliefs challenged, our pride is purged daily & our false confidence is continually knocked out of us-predictable & familiar gone. "Un" is in our life...uncertain, uncomfortable, unknown, unsettled, uncommon, unimaginable. But we know Jesus & He knows us. Our identity is in Him- exclusively. We can't do anything apart from Him. He gives a boldness & courage that can't be found in the world. His love soothes, comforts, encourages & makes a way when there is no way. There are many more God kind of crazy details to this story...but I wanted to give you a hint of the back story to this devotional & thank our beautiful friends who continue to love us through it. I only intended to write a thank you post & refer ppl to the www.createspace.com/4222339 link at the top of my pg to purchase the bk, but I believe I was suppose to say all of this. Thank you for blessing us! Rod & Laura
Like · · · April 19 at 10:51pm near Garland ·

No comments: