Saturday, December 7, 2013

Did I hear God or miss Him??? 2/2

Hearing God or missing Him??? Part 2/2 staying on course- The trials that try to derail you…are the very same ones that develop you! Trusting & accepting God's love, grace & mercy empowers you to move forward when He prompts your spirit. You believe His grace will enable you to carry out what He asks of you & if you miss Him…His mercy will cover you. This truth spares you mental exhaustion & debating whether you heard God or missed Him, but it doesn't exempt you from the enemy's mind games-they never stop & only increase in intensity. Having an understanding of the enemy's motives along with knowing how God uses trials in your favor enables you to be hopeful & expect victory (James 1:2-4). The enemy's opposition & trials develop your perseverance-teaching you to endure & pace yourself during difficult seasons. Even though you're following God & being faithful, doubt will side-swipe you, screaming, "what are you doing? You've lost your mind; you're grandiose-God wouldn't ask you to do this!" The enemy challenges your thoughts from a human perspective, which is finite…but the Spirit speaks to you from God's perspective-He's not bound by the limits of human wisdom (1 Cor 2:13). The mind rejects impossibles because it knows what God asks is humanly impossible-only with God can we carry out what He asks. Human wisdom is guided by worldly principles, facts & theories. The mind naturally defaults to this thinking…so you have to be deliberate in consistently submitting your mind to the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2:15-16) to see God's perspective from your human perspective. Your best offense is a good defense-know these tactics of the enemy. When he challenges what you heard from a human perspective, it sounds logical…because it is, but you have to defer to the Spirit for direction & truth (1 Jn 2:20). I'm passionate about knowing these mind games & overcoming because it's my profession, but I also decided to totally commit to the call God put on my heart. Two years ago, when God asked me to open a FB account & post what He put on my heart, I was sure I misunderstood- it was so ridiculous! First, I didn't write & second, I didn't have time for FB...I had a full-time Christian Counseling practice! I laughed & didn't even mention it to my husband for a month. I kept hearing God prompt my spirit, so two months later, I asked my daughter, Morgan, to set up a FB account for me. That was the beginning of me being turned inside out & coming to know the love of Jesus like never before & it's where I've experienced discouragement & doubt like never before. When we love Jesus, but not taking any big risks for Him, our life will have trials, but nothing like when we decide to go for it & take Him at His Word... then buckle up baby-Jesus will take you for the ride of your life! What I'm sharing is God's truth walked out in my life-I've learned to trust Him more than I trust me, even when it looks crazy. In the natural what He asks is impossible...that's why He has to carry it out through me. Most every prompt requires walking in the unknown & He's faithfully led me through places I didn't have a clue as to what He was doing until after I went through, but this I know with all my heart…He's faithful! He's taught me to be comfortable with not knowing…it's counterintuitive to what the world teaches. But when we take this risk..it's the craziest, safest, most exciting & fulfilling place to ever be! Will you get comfortable in letting God show you how to face trials & increase your trust in Him so you can walk out what He asks of you? I pray you don't forfeit His offer-it's a life of certain uncertainty that will absolutely satisfy you all the days of your life! 12/5/13LMM/CIFL

No comments: