Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jesus Drives Really Fast...Buckle Up Baby

Jesus pulled up to my office one day and said, "come on, we're going for a ride." I said, "excuse me Lord, I have a lot of work to do, can this wait?" At this point in my life, I thought I had dealt with all my major issues. I was spiritually, emotionally, and physically healthy-had worked through my guilt, let go of hurt and anger, forgiven those I needed to, and believed and confessed God's Word. But I was not taking any risks in the name of Jesus...I loved Him but was not living a life totally committed to Him. I was very safe, orderly, and predictable...these are good things, unless you use them to hide behind, like I did. God had put some big dreams in my heart...but I thought it was my imagination and I would entertain them for a while, then shelf them. Think about these questions...how do you know God will do the impossible unless you stand back and trust Him to do it? How do you know God uses the foolish and weak things to confound the wise unless you're willing to look foolish and weak? How do you know the bold courage of the Holy Spirit flowing through you unless you're willing to do bold and courageous things? God in His relentless love for me would not allow me to settle. He stirred me up and challenged me...did I really love Him like I said and was I really allowing Him to manifest Himself through me to make an impact or was I playing it safe and predictable-loving Him but not totally living for Him? Well, I got in with Jesus that day...I am going for it friends...I want to be found and known as in Him, not having any self-achieved righteousness...but a determined purpose that I may know Him more each day-more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving, recognizing and understanding the wonder of His Person more strongly and clearly, and that I may in the same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection-which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed-in spirit into His likeness even to His death (Phil 3:10). Jesus said in John 14:12...anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing-he will do even greater things than these. Let your life be used by God as He planned to do great and mighty things through you. Wake up sleeper, lift your head, come out from behind your busy schedule, it's not about your ability-it's about your availability to serve as God has called you to serve-make a difference. Jesus drives really fast...buckle up baby...we're going to make a difference for Him! 5/16/12CIFL-LMM

No comments: