Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jesus Took the Fire...

When my granddaughter, Hope was two years old, she blistered the tips of her fingers on our cook top. If you've ever heard the piercing screams of a child, you know the fear that runs through your being. My heart races as I recall the cries of Hope's despair and her running through the house, yelling "fire, fire, LaLa, fire!" I taught Hope how to call on the name of Jesus that day...I picked her up and held her tightly as she screamed-I softly whispered to her, "you're going to be okay baby-you are okay." As I ran cold water over her little fingers, I instinctively called on the name of Jesus for her pain to subside.  I heard deep in my heart..."now, have Hope to call on My name." I instructed her to call on the name of Jesus and to thank Him for taking the fire-she did through sobs and tears. I thanked Him for "taking her fire," as I held her close to me and kissed her tear stained face. The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children (Rom8:16) giving us direction, instinctively from His Spirit to ours. I'm not sure how many minutes passed, as I rocked and held her but I continued to thank Jesus for taking her pain...then suddenly she looked up at me with her big turquoise blue eyes and said, "LaLa, Jesus took the fire; He did, He took the fire!" Jesus not only delivered a child from pain that day but also spoke to the spirit of a grandmother who didn't have a clear revelation of calling on the name of Jesus. The Holy Spirit intercedes when we don't know how to pray (Rom8:26). He will speak to whoever seeks Him. Do you need to seek the Holy Spirit for direction? He will help you in your weakness when you don't know what to pray. The Holy Spirit continues to comfort me, soothe me and leads me in the direction I should go in any circumstance-He's with me always...Blessings friend, may you choose to seek Him too! 5/2011CIFL-LMM

No comments: