Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Perfection & performance...

What a relief to know that perfection & performance don't determine value & worth (Phil 3:9)! I know this is God's truth & I do believe it, but daily I have to come against feelings of unbelief that want to convince me otherwise. True humility keeps me anchored-allowing me to accept what I'm not. I can't, but God can & He will do through me what He calls me to do-bringing to completion what He started in me (2 Cor 12:9, Phil 1:6).

This truth gives all of us the freedom to lay down who we think we should be & become who Christ says we are...His masterpiece created to do the good works He planned long ago (Eph 2:10) We are new creations in Christ-the old has gone, the new has come (2 Cor 5:17). We're approved not because of what we do-but because of Who we belong to! If God's for us who can be against us (Rom 8:31)? Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom (2 Cor 3:17). Your past  doesn't determine who you are-God does.

You're not here because you were the desire of your parents or because you were a mistake...you are here because the Creator of the Universe, your Father God, knitted you together with His very own hands (Ps 139:13). So wake up sleeper...lift your head, you've got important work to do in this world (Gal 5:14); stop debating the power that lives in you & take the steps to walk out the power God lends you daily (Eph 3:20)! Press forward in His strength-not yours...you are made for hard (Isa 41:10)! 7/30/13CIFL-LMM 

No comments: