Friday, October 11, 2013

When you're falsely accused...

When you're falsely accused...how you respond determines how long you stay under the accusation. The natural response is to let the world know...you were falsely accused! But when you're falsely accused by another Christian, it's the worse kind of hurt, because they're suppose to be on your team. But for your sake, seek Christ first-you don't want to give the enemy a foothold in your thoughts. Jesus will comfort & reassure you that He's got things covered-He knows all about false accusations. I don't know about you, but I've responded with an indignant attitude when I've been falsely accused, especially when it was another Christian. But God...quickly reminded me of my ignorance & prejudice in how I've treated others in years past. Yikes...His conviction quickly redirected my indignant attitude to a repentant heart seeking forgiveness for trying to be the judge & jury.

I released my offense to the hands of Jesus & trusted God would direct my path & He did. If I would've taken matters into my hands, I would've missed out on God's many blessings.  Things didn't move as quickly as I would've liked, but certainly I would've stayed under the accusation if I had tried to resolve the wrongs done to me.  I'm more familiar with this area than I've ever wanted to be, but I also know with confidence that my Father brought good out of the wrongs done to me. My faith deepened, my grace increased & I watched God do what only God can do in impossible situations-turning it around for His glory!

Jesus models this for us in the gospels, He constantly dealt with accusations from His family, hometown & religious leaders during His ministry & He consistently sought His Father for direction & comfort. Jesus didn't take matters into His hands, but He did consistently stand on the Word, state the truth of Who He was & Who He belonged to & then trusted His Father to vindicate Him. Jesus prayed for direction & compassion, then moved forward with His Father's agenda.

Don't allow offenses in life to steal the destiny that God's planned for you. Handing offenses to Jesus doesn't dismiss the harm that was done to you, but it does keep you from carrying the harm in your heart. God will deal with those who caused harm to you. Your job is to continue to move forward with the purpose He placed in you long ago. How you respond to false accusation determines how long you stay under them.  Isn't it great news that you don't have to figure out how to correct the wrongs done to you… that God will do it for you!  (Heb 10:23, Pr 29:25, Eph 2:10) 10/11/13CIFL-LMM #letgoofoffenses #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: