Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Believing Like a Child...'believe-ance'

Strong 'believe-vance'.  A few weeks ago, my seven year old granddaughter, Hope,  read her 'Jesus Calling' to my husband, Rod and me.  We asked her to tell us what she understood from her devotional reading.  What she said is beautiful and profound..."First, you have to have faith in the Lord and know that He will never leave you.  She then stood up from her chair, raised her right arm pointed at me and and emphatically said "LaLa, faith is a...strong 'believe-vance' in the Lord.  It makes me feel secure and safe.  You have to know the bible to get to the other things you need...the bible is the first background to stepping up to the other things you need."
 

Today, I will have a strong "believe-vance" in the Lord and know I am safe and secure.  I will always remember that I have to know the bible to step up to the other things I need.  I believe this translates to Matt. 6:33, seek first God and His righteousness...and all these things will be given to you.  Keep your "strong believe-vance" in all you do today friends. Blessings!

No comments: