Friday, July 20, 2012

Surrender, freedom, & you...

The veil represents the physical separation of oneness between the bride and the groom until marriage.  The veil is lifted when the bride says, "I do," she receives him as her husband for them to become one.  They are joined-what's his is hers and what's hers is his.  As Christians, we have the same covenant with Jesus.  When we say "I do," to receive Jesus into our hearts-the veil is lifted-we are no longer separated from Him.  What's His is ours and what's ours is His.  For years after I received Jesus I did not lift my veil.  I was saved, spirit filled, and loved Jesus.  I said "I do," but I was trying to get myself together more before I wanted Him to "really" see all of me.  What I didn't know, was the only way I could be all He designed me to be, was to let Him see all of me.  Submission is a choice, God will not force it.  As we trust Him, we submit.  I didn't realize I didn't trust Him.  I was so focused on me being good enough to serve, that I "couldn't see" He was there for me...loving all of me.  My vision was obscured-my veil had not been lifted.  God never trades even...when we say "I do," we get all He has which equips us to be all He's called us to be.  We will never know all He has for us until we lift the veil.  You will never figure it out intellectually.  I came to the end of my "overachiever self" and said "fine God, I've done all you've asked me to do and my life is really messed up, so if it's going to be this way...show me how to do it."  Surrender call...I came to the end of myself...said here I am, a mess even though saved-help me, I can't do this. I lifted my veil and let Him see all of me.  He changed everything I had been trying to change on my own-He did it for me...because He loved me first.  I am free!  Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  And with unveiled faces we reflect the Lord's glory, being transformed into His likeness...(2 Corinthians 3:17,18).  We are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10).  Receive all of Him and lift your veil baby, there's work to be done and the Kingdom needs "all" of you!
LMM4/2/12

No comments: