Thursday, November 21, 2013

Buckle up baby...Jesus drives really fast!

Buckle up baby…Jesus drives really fast! Jesus pulled up to my office one day & said, "come on, we're going for a ride." I said, "excuse me Lord, I've a lot of work to do, can this wait?" Jesus wanted to mess with my nice, neat & planned life. I felt I'd done my spiritual & emotional work-I'd let go of my guilt, hurt & anger, forgiven those I needed & believed & confessed God's Word, but I was not taking any risks in the name of Jesus. I loved Him, but wasn't living a life totally committed to Him-I was very safe, orderly & predictable. These are good things unless you hide behind them. 

God had put some big dreams in my heart but I dismissed them as my imagination-I'd entertain them for awhile & shelf them. Then Jesus pressed me on what I really believed...how do you know God will do the impossible unless you stand back & trust Him to? How do you know He uses foolish & weak things to confound the wise, unless you're willing to look foolish & weak? How do you know the bold courage of the Holy Spirit flowing through you, unless you're willing to do bold & courageous things? God's relentless love wouldn't allow me to settle-He confronted me...did I really love Him like I said, was I allowing Him to work through me to make an impact, was I more concerned about messing up & maybe missing Him more than having a heart to follow Him & would I choose safe over taking a risk in the name of love for Him? 

Well, I got in with Jesus that day-I want to know & be known by Him intimately. Jesus said, "anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing & even greater things than these." Will you lay down who you think you should be…so God can lead you into who He made you to be? Wake up sleeper, lift your head, come out from behind your busy schedule, fears & lies you've believed for years, it's not about your ability-it's about your availability to serve as God has called & equipped you to. You can't reach your destination without Jesus! Get in with Him-He knows the way, but get ready when you do & buckle up baby...because Jesus drives really fast!!! (Lk 1:37, 1 Cor 1:27, 1 Thes 1:5, Phil 3:9, Jn 14:12-13, Eph 2:10) 5/12CIFL/LMM

No comments: