Sunday, November 17, 2013

Love in the church...yes, no, maybe???

Love in the church...yes, no, maybe??? Many have an unrealistic expectation that they will not be hurt in the church. Anywhere you find people, you will find hurt people & hurt people...hurt people. Hurt people are in the church & they will inevitably hurt you. Often the hurt received is not the hurt that was imposed. You see, all of us are hurt people & we will hurt people. But thank God, He's on top of this issue, because we are God's people & He knows all about our hurt & He promises to bring us through each one! His Word is our confidence to work through hurt. 
I'm thankful for the genuine love I receive from my church family-doing life together...it's real! Nothing is perfect, because we are a bunch of hurt people needing the grace & truth of a Savior! But we can sure count on our Savior to save us from hurt...especially our own self-imposed hurt when we put our hope in anything but Jesus Christ our Savior! 
I've offended others & others have offended me, but with God's love, I've been redeemed from the hurt I've imposed on others & I embrace the forgiveness God gives me to extend to others. Anywhere you find people- you will find hurt people-especially in the church! But dear God don't let this keep us from loving one another in the church! God's ways work...when we work them His way! I'm thankful for God's love reaching through others to love me & His love in me reaching to them. Yes...love is in the church! (1Jn 4:7) 11/17/13LMM #love #church #forgive #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: