Friday, July 4, 2014

Are you in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus???

Are you in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus? Do you love Him but find it hard to let Him love all of you? Do you have trouble admitting faults, failures & sin? Have you worked hard to hide or bury things that hurt, shamed or embarrassed you? Do you have a hard time receiving correction? Is there just something that seems to be off kilter inside of you? If you answered "yes" to some of these then you're probably in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus & today is a good day to let His truth set you free!

For years I worked hard to hide my faults, failures & sin-I desperately wanted to be prove I was worthy so I set out to do it! Jesus knew I loved Him but my resistance to receive all of His love stood in the way of me walking out the freedom promised to me. Then one day the Holy Spirit clearly gave me the revelation that I wouldn't fulfill the plans God had for me until I acknowledged my dysfunctional relationship with Jesus…what???

I didn't realize my feelings had been standing in the way of God's truth. Jesus proved my worth when He died for me-then the same power that raised Him from the dead enabled me to walk in this truth! God's truth doesn't change-feelings change constantly; we can firmly stand on God's truth even when feelings tell us different.

My feelings where real but they weren't founded in God's truth. What I felt didn't determine my worth-Jesus' death on the cross did & the power that raised Him from the dead enables me to accept what He'd given me! But I had to agree with His truth in order to walk in the freedom His truth offered. This revelation changed the rest of my life!

What we bring in the light loses its power-I had to drag out the things I didn't like about me & the bad I felt inside. Listen closely, I had believed the truth to my capacity to believe, but I had unknowingly given my feelings the power to interfere with the revelation of knowing the full truth. I was trying to earn what had already been earned for me...when we know the truth the truth will set us free! Jesus loves me-where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! I'm still on this journey with God & will be until the day Jesus Christ returns-one thing I know for sure is that Jesus' love approves all of me...good, bad & ugly! His love gives me a boldness to rise up & follow Him & to accept with humility who He says I am-not because of what I've done or not done, but because of Who He is & what He's done for me!

I have to renew my mind every hour of the day to keep His truth in front of me; I still struggle some days & the enemy still side swipes me & knocks me off course, but God's grace is bigger than anything that attempts to harm me! I'm only as strong as I'm willing to receive His love for me...will you let Jesus love all of you? (Jn 8:32, Col 2:10, 2 Cor 3:16-18, 2 Cor 12:9-10, Phil 1:6, Eph 2:10, Rom 12:2) LMM ‪#‎issues‬ ‪#‎christianinsightforlife‬ #dysfunctional #letjesusloveallofyou #relationship www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: