Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Parenting...teach your children to call on the name of Jesus!

Parenting-we can't control how life happens to our children, but we can control how we prepare our children for life. Teach your children to call on the name of Jesus-there is power in His name! He's already overcome anything that they will ever face. God doesn't promise we will not face danger, but He does promise that He will be with us when we do. He commands His angels to watch over your children-He is before all things & holds everything together.
 God knows your child's name, He knitted them together with His hands, He knows every hair on their head, He gave them their very own fingerprint and DNA, He knows the desires of their heart & He knows when they stand & when they sit. God doesn't mess up...He has no loose ends!

You've been given the honor to parent your child...but that they belong to God-explain this truth to your child. Let your child watch you seek the Lord for guidance...witness you praying & petitioning on their behalf, see you standing firm on God's truth & not wavering, hear you confess God's Word & state you're believing Him despite seeing no indicators in the natural. Tell your child you do not have all the answers...but God does. And His ways work when we work them-this isn't my promise...it's God's!

When I was a young parent, I was overcome with anxiety many days because I just didn't know what to do in many situations. I was conflicted because I loved my children dearly but I knew I couldn't take on all the bad in the world & protect them. I was a believer, but I didn't have the revelation of two critical parenting truths that every parent needs to experience the peace God promises; 1) I had to rely on His sufficiency for my insufficiencies & 2) my children belonged to God & they were on loan to me. I now understand this truth (thank you Jesus!) & I can enlighten my adult children & their spouses to parent their children (my perfect grandchildren).

Ask God for guidance in parenting your children-He gives strength & wisdom generously. He never expected you to parent apart from His strength & wisdom flowing through you. God doesn't ever give us a task that He does not equip us to handle-He gives us the honor to be a parent, but children belong to Him. Rest in God's strength as you carry out one of your greatest privileges in this life! (Jn 15:5, 16:33, Phil 1:6, 4:6, 2:13, Ps 91:11-12, Col 1:17, Ps 139:1-24) 10/12LMM #donotbeanxious #childrenarefromtheLord #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: