Sunday, October 28, 2012

When we let go...we let God

Are you holding on to something...trying to save or revive it? Do you feel like this something consumes you, weighs you down, wakes you in the middle of the night, determines if you spend money or not, if you go or don't go; the plans you make are contingent upon this something? You say you believe God can do anything and you believe He is taking care of your something...but you really don't give Him much of a chance to show you...that He can do anything. The somethings you hold on to are in your relationships, jobs, investments, churches, dreams, children, businesses; they are what you value. You mess up when you trust God in some areas to help with your somethings, but not in other ones. You trust, as long as you do not see any immediate harm to your something, or as long as you can figure out what God what is doing, but if you don't...you jump in with your human plan to help God out. You rationalize that you're being selfless and committed, but you're actually being unbelieving and fearful. You become entangled in helping and figuring out a plan for rescue...but you're really delaying God's intervention and plan. I did this years ago. I ran to God, prayed for my something, but then I tried to take care of my something; justifying that I was being selfless and committed.  One day, God said, "enough." Only when I began to let go, could I begin to let God...intervene in a mighty way with the something that I had been trying to take care of. This was not overnight, but I witnessed a slow unveiling of God's clear power when I got out of the way. My job was to believe God could and would do what needed to be done. For me to reinforce my faith in God, I had to stay in scripture, speak His Word and renew my mind, spend time with Him everyday, cast down thoughts that were not of Him, guard my mouth and heart, and say His promises. I had to examine how I spent my time in general...who was I hanging out with, what was I watching on TV, and what did I listen to on the radio? Friends, He will make a way...but you must get out of the way. He is before all things and holds all things together (Col 1:17). God can do anything...will you give Him a chance to? 10/2012CIFL-LMM

No comments: