Monday, August 5, 2013

When you have a grudge against God...

Many people have a grudge against God because they believe He didn't show up for them when they were being violated, treated wrong or that He took away a loved one. There are other reasons, but over the 30 years I've listened to people tell me their hurts these are the main ones. First, let me tell you I'm so sorry for what you didn't get as a child, that another person violated and treated you wrong or that you lost a loved one-I know your hurt because I've been there. I also know how I overcame with the love of Jesus and you can too.

If you're interested, the first thing is to address the grudge you have with God-He's the only One Who can get you to the other side of your pain and put it in your past so you can move on with your life. Many will make promises, but they all will fail you...miserably. You can fight against God your entire life-you will have as much success beating your fists against a brick wall. Holding onto this grudge gives you a false sense of control while in reality it is detaining you developmentally from the good plans God made for you! Over the years people have told me that they will never forgive God, but God didn't make bad things happen to you. But if you holding a grudge against Him then your first step to freedom is to forgive Him. Your burden doesn't lift until you receive the freedom He gives you in forgiveness.

Forgiving is not dismissing the pain you feel or what was done to you...it's choosing not to carry the pain. Let Jesus have your pain-put it into His hands-He will take it and give you His love in exchange. You can't deal with this burden through your strength and you don't have to, but you must choose to release it or you will continue to.

This post is a very general discussion about being mad at God-I hope it prompts you to seek Him-be real with Him and He will be real with you. He will answer you, but you have to be willing to listen. This is one of my favorite verses; I sought the Lord and He answered me, He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame (Ps 34:4-5). May you receive the peace that Jesus died to give you and no longer walk in hurt & choose living the abundant life promised to you (Jn 16:33, Jn 10:10). I pray you will take on the new identity in Christ that He offers you...being His masterpiece and to do the good things He planned for you long ago (Eph 2:10). Let go of your grudge...seek Him and all you need will be given to you (Mt 16:33). 8/5/13CIFL-LMM #grudge #stuck #madatGod #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: