Wednesday, February 6, 2013

God's Word Saves...

Anytime we believe "some of something," we won't be confident in all of it...we'll believe parts, but won't have confidence that we can rely on it completely. So we don't...leaving us uncertain and anxious. What keeps us from believing all the parts of something? The answer is life and our experiences-it's unfair, unpredictable, and unstable in many ways. So we project our experiences of life on God...believing He might be unfair, unpredictable, and unstable. To not be anxious about Him, we must cling to His truth... God never changes, He's the same today as He was yesterday, and will be the same tomorrow. He's with us always, is strong when we're weak, and He's crazy in love with us! If you're waiting on your feelings to completely trust God...you will only believe "some of Him" and won't be confident. God says if we lack wisdom, ask Him and He will give it to us generously without finding fault with us. But when we ask, we're  to believe-not doubting Him or we'll be unstable in all we do; being double-minded. And here's the part that is clear...we should not expect anything from Him. This seems harsh-but God's saying...choose to believe His truth, not feel His truth. Our feelings change, but His truth doesn't. He says, ask for wisdom and He will give it generously....and He does. For years, I tried so hard to believe...I wanted to believe, but more days than not I ended up in a ditch worn out and discouraged. I professed God's Word, but I didn't say or walk it out consistently and I tried to do it in my strength-leaving me anxious and uncertain. I was double minded-believing "some of Jesus." Then about 9 years ago, I got the revelation of speaking God's Word aloud-saying what He said and asking Him to help me believe what He said. I agreed with with the Word, not because I felt it was true....but because He said it was true. I chose to partner with  Creator of the universe-it's changed my life and it will change yours too! God's Words are power...He spoke this world into existence...He made something from nothing. When we speak His Words, we agree and believe that something can come from nothing not because of what we do...but because of Who we have faith in. I spoke scripture to things that once would take me down. When I came up against an impossible situation, I'd say, "I call these things that be not as though they are." I reminded myself daily that no matter what destruction my eyes saw, I walked by faith, not by sight. If God's for me, even when I'm sinking in craziness, who could be against me. That my God is before all things and holds everything together in His very hands. Friend, continue to speak scripture in the middle of your fire just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abedengo. Remember they were thrown in a fiery furnace with flames engulfing them- they walked out, no burns, not singed, or even smelling like smoke. God's Word is a privilege... consistently speak what He says is true, rely on His strength, not yours. Choose to believe His truth, not feel it-your feelings change...He never changes. God's Word saves...it will save you and loved ones during the fire. Blessings! (James 1:5-8, Rom 4:17, 2 Cor 5:7, Rom 8:31, Col 1:17, Dan 3:3-30) 6/18/12CIFL-LMM

No comments: