Friday, February 15, 2013

Let go...God's mighty to save!

If you will let go-God will fix what you're facing-in a mighty way. Are you holding on to a situation...trying to save or revive it? Are you consumed thinking about it, does it weigh you down, wake you up at night, give you headaches and stomach aches, determine if you spend money or not, whether you can go out of town, or even out to eat?  Many say they believe God can do anything, but they don't give Him much of a chance to prove He can do anything. Do you trust God as long as you understand His plans? Have you already got your back up human plan ready, if God's doesn't make sense to you? You justify you're being prudent and prepared, but really...you're doubting and disbelieving God's ability to handle the situation you're facing. Your interference-delays God's intervention. I did exactly this years ago, I'd ask God for help with a situation that was causing me grief...then run back and try to fix the situation-adding my human help to a solution that could only be reconciled with God's intervention. One day God said,"enough!" When I began to let go of the situation I was trying to save, I released my grip and let God's mighty hand take it- and He did in a mighty way! This was not overnight, but I saw a clear unveiling of God's power, when I got out of the way. I had to stay in scripture, speak and renew my mind with the Word throughout the day, spend time and talk with Jesus constantly, listen to my thoughts and be careful of the words I spoke, examine how I spent my time in general...who I was hanging out with, what I was I watching on TV and what was I listening to on the radio. God loves you and He's waiting to take the burden of the situation you've been trying to save. He's your Rock, Fortress, Strong Tower, Deliverer...Alpha and Omega, El Shaddai, Jehovah-Jireh; your God, Shield, Stronghold-His Word is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. God will make a way...but you must get out of the way; your help delays Him. God will fix what you're facing-in a mighty way! Will you let go...so He can?  (Rom  12:2, Ps 18:2, Ps 119:105) 2011CIFL-LMM

No comments: