Sunday, February 10, 2013

So long Regret...I have to go...

Regret is a painful emotion...if you're not careful, you will follow it into a deep pit. There are many things in my life that I would do different if I had a chance to do again. My most painful regret is related to my loved ones-when my poor choices negatively impacted them. For years, after I was saved, I allowed Regret to remind me...of the pain I imposed on my family. I thought I had to take it...after all, being saved did not exempt me from the natural consequences of my former behavior. One day in particular I was really crying to God...I was just emotionally distraught that my family was left with my junk on them...I had apologized and repented for my former behavior to them, acknowledged the pain I caused, and they had forgiven me...but knowing they experienced pain at my expense was excruciating to me. I was begging God to help me make their pain go away...some how to help me make things up to them. God clearly spoke to my heart that I was correct...I couldn't go back and change the hurt imposed, nor could I make up for something caused...but He could and He would. He reminded me that He is and always will be the Healer, Redeemer, Jehovah Jireh, Comforter, Restorer, Strong Tower, Deliverer...the Great I Am...Who's not constrained by our time frames-He is the past, present, and future at the same time, the Alpha and the Omega...because He owns time (John 1:1-3)! My Father met me in my pain and restored what was taken from my loved ones (Joel 2:25). I had come to the end of myself in prayer that day...I had been sincerely trying to give back to my family what only God could restore. When I got out of His way...He made a way doing what I could never do....I said so long to Regret that day-he's tried numerous times to return and remind me of a hurtful past. I don't engage, instead, I lean into the shelter of my Father, My Strong Tower-lovingly hides me under His wing and reminds me He has restored and given back to my family everything they needed... exceedingly more than I dared even asked for (Eph 3:20). Let God's love restore you and your loved ones! Blessings friends. 10/16/12CIFL-LMM 

No comments: