Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'll have faith or go crazy...and I'm not going crazy!!!

I'll have faith or go crazy...and I'm not going crazy. Years ago I coined this term-I was in a desperate situation & I made up my mind to choose to believe God's Word. I was discouraged & deceived; I'd come to the end of myself trying to figure life out. I thought I was being responsible-doing my part as I waited on God to do His part. But I wasn't waiting on God...I was managing my life independent of God, then pray for Him to bless my efforts! I didn't realize I was being self-sufficient, to me it was being responsible, but I was denying the power of God's love to flow & work through me. I didn't deliberately reject His love...I just didn't know how to rely on the sufficiency of His love.

I came to the end of my efforts & me-I had to choose to have faith or going crazy. Like the woman with the issue of blood, I reached out to Jesus in desperation to save me...one touch-He completely transformed my heart to believe & follow Him! I surrendered all of me that day & began walking by the faith that I professed with my mouth-relying on His sufficiency for everything I needed. That was years ago-these days when I face an impossible, which is nearly each day, I press in & stand firm on His sufficiency. I still allow deception to trip me at times, but immediately I rise up & speak God's Word against the lies the enemy speaks to my mind. Each trial is an opportunity for me to strengthen my faith in God, mature spiritually & gain wisdom. Impossibles are part of life; we can't handle them, but God will, if we invite Him. So, what will you choose...faith or crazy??? (James 1:2-8, 2 Chron 20:17, 2 Cor 12:9, 2 Cor 5:7) 9/2012CIFL/LMM #faith #crazy #Godwillprovide #trust #christianinsightforlife

No comments: