Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A road trip with Jesus...

A road trip with Jesus...I had no idea it would go this long-Jesus never gave me a timeline & I didn't start out with one; I just thought I would be back to my regular routine by now. Jesus has taught me so much on this trip, for starters, He's funny-you know He gave us laughter & the concept of humor-we're made to laugh a lot. He's shown me how to enjoy the ride while on the way to where I'm going. I've always been a list maker & get it done kind of girl, but this road trip has taught me how to make time for the scenery & relationships along the way verses just getting to my destination. I've most cherished the intimate heart to heart talks-Jesus will sit up all night talking & listening. Every day He wants to know what I see, then He will tell me what He sees.

We've spent time talking about real humility-my complete reliance on His strength. For me to accomplish anything or overcome things, I must receive His love-it's big enough to take on my regrets, mistakes, hurts, fears & give me the strength to forgive myself for the despicable things I've done, as well as forgive others for the wrongs they've done to me, but I have to let go & hand them to Him. He asks that I agree with His truth...apart from Him I can do nothing, but with Him I can do all things He calls me to do. He's not impressed with my superhero behavior attempts-His power is perfected in my weakness; not when I try to do things that are impossible without Him. I've learned about the power & boldness of the Holy Spirit. It's the only way to have the guts & courage to do what God asks-we just don't have that kind of boldness on our own.

Every time I get to the point of thinking I can't take another unknown day, Jesus wows me to speechlessness with His love. He fills me with an undeniable sense of hope that can only come from Him which washes away the discouragement & doubt that entrapped me. He shows me a glimpse of the future & reminds me that He purposed me long ago to do the good works He planned-that He will complete what He started in me! How's your road trip with Jesus going? (Ps 126:2, Jn 15:5, 2 Cor 12:9, Phil 4:13, Eph 2:10, Phil 1:6) 10/30/13LMM #CIFL #roadtrip #Jesus #future #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/chistianinsightforlife

No comments: