Sunday, February 9, 2014

Begging or Believing God...

Begging God or believing God...why do God fearing, Jesus loving & Spirit filled Christians ignore unresolved issues? The obvious reason is denial, but why? Many address issues at the onset, but when attempts fail, they feel hopeless so they get busy & hope things will resolve on their own. They seek relief in busy schedules, deadlines & anything else that can pull them away from the frustration & hopelessness that gnaws on the inside them. They know nothing is too hard for God-so what's the problem? Many say they've begged God for help but nothing changes.

I understand this because I use to do it until God gave me revelation. He said I needed to stop begging Him & start believing Him. I believed He could & would turn impossibles around, but I didn't believe He would help me each time I prayed. So I prayed like a gambler pulling the arm of a slot machine….pleeease Jeeeesus let this be my lucky one! I vacillated between believing I somehow messed up too much & wasn't eligible for God's best or that I had misunderstood the promises of God & expected too much. So I resorted to begging prayers-hoping the more I begged, the more likely God would help me. This approach wasn't helpful & just left me more uncertain because I believed my feelings more than I believed God's truth.

It's dangerous to add our reasoning to God's truth-we lose every time. Believing my feelings over God's truth blocked His grace to me...His supernatural help. We can't earn it & only He can give it. Grace is our sufficiency for impossible situations. We never know how He will deliver it until He does it, but we're certain it's Him! God will do exceedingly more than we can imagine...according to the power that's at work within us. We appropriate God's grace, if not we're left with our natural ability & it's not enough.

Until a person believes God's grace is available to them, they're under the strain of the impossibles they face. Instead of hiding in busy routines to avoid impossibles, will you appropriate God's grace for the impossibles you face? His will meet you at the end of your natural ability & go to work on your behalf-calming your fears, giving direction & filling you up with wisdom. Don't beg God…believe Him! (Jn 8:32, 2 Tim 2:1, Eph 3:20, Jn 6:29, Pr 14:12, 2 Cor 12:9, 2 Cor 3:17) LMM #beg #believeGod #askGod #christianinsightforlife

No comments: