Saturday, February 22, 2014

Are you anchored...in the Word?

Are you anchored in the Word...so when the storms hit, you're not blown away & tossed about? You have to renew your mind with God's Word to live the saved life you profess-your spirit is saved at salvation...your mind isn't. You won't be more than a conqueror & the joy of the Lord won't be your strength unless you renew your mind.

Every day negative thoughts, potential disasters & feelings of not having what you need to be successful are waiting to chip away at your faith-wanting to steal God's promises from you. Daily you must renew your mind with His promises-meditate on His Word, hold tight to it & put your eyes on it; then when the storms come through...you're anchored. God's Word is your guaranteed security-His hope anchors you, but you must grab onto it...so you're not pulled under. Don't confuse your feelings with God's truth.

Some days, I don't feel like a conqueror-I feel afraid, awkward & anxious, but God says I'm more than a conqueror...so I agree with Him even though I don't feel like it. I remind myself constantly of His promises-I say them over & over. I write them on index cards & post them on my phone-keeping His Word in my heart & close to reach so my eyes can read His truth. Eventually, break through comes, not because I'm strong, but because God's strong in me-His strength made perfect in my weakness.

Anchor yourself before the storms of life hit-making daily deposits of the Word in your spirit, so you're ready & won't be blown off course. If you mess up, get back up & start over-it's better than walking an uncertain directionless life that just blows with the storms. You've got what it takes...because God's given you what you need to be more than a conqueror! God's Word works all the time-when you consistently stand on it...all the time! Are you ready for the next storm? (Eph4:23, 1 Cor 12:9, Rom8:28,37, Neh8:10, Isa55:11) 5/27/13LMM #christisninsightforlife #anchorintheword #stormsinlife 

No comments: