Monday, March 31, 2014

Are you in a dysfunctional relationship...with Jesus???

Laura Mangin McDonald MA LPC Christian Insight for Life
Are you in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus? Do you love Him but find it hard to let Him love all of you? Do you have trouble admitting faults & failures? Do you hide or bury things that hurt, shamed or embarrassed you? Is it hard for you to receive correction? Does something just seem off kilter inside of you? If you answered "yes" to a few of these then…you're probably in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus & today is a good day to let His truth set you free! 

For years I worked hard to appear not to have faults or failures-I wanted to be approved & to prove I was okay. Jesus knew I loved Him but I wasn't receiving all of His love because I was too busy trying to correct my faults & failures. The Holy Spirit gave me the revelation that I was in a dysfunctional relationship with Jesus…what??? I wasn't accepting all the love Jesus wanted to give me because I didn't think I was worthy enough...I allowed my feelings to stand in the way of God's truth! Then Holy Spirit gave me another revelation... what I brought in the light would lose its power! That day changed the rest of my life. This meant I had to drag out the things I didn't like about me & the bad I felt inside. Jesus took all my faults & failures at the Cross, but I had to agree with His truth...in order to receive the freedom His truth offered. I believed the truth to my capacity to believe, but had unknowingly given my feelings the power to interfere with the full revelation of God's truth...so I wasn't walking in the full freedom the love of Jesus offers. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! 

I'm still on this journey with Jesus & will be until the day I go to Heaven. One thing I know for sure-His love approves all of me…good, bad & ugly. The Holy Spirit gives me a boldness to step out & follow Jesus. I renew my mind every hour of the day with His truth & know when He corrects me…it's to make me right-not wrong. I still struggle some days- the enemy knocks me off course, but God's grace is bigger than the enemies attempts to harm me. I'm only as together as I'm willing to surrender & I know God will bring to completion the good work He started in me long ago! Will you let Him do the same for you? (Jn 8:32, Col 2:10, 2 Cor 3:16-18, 2 Cor 12:9-10, Phil 1:6, Eph 2:10, Rom 12:2) 1/28/14LMM #christianinsightforlife #dysfunctional #relationship #askGod

No comments: