Saturday, March 29, 2014

Don't forfeit the fire!

Don't forfeit the fire...it's where you meet Jesus!!! The fires are the dire situations in life where you have to choose what seems radical or rational-you're faced with going in the fire & trusting God or justifying why you can't. These fires test what you profess to believe...then reveal where you stand. I've forfeited some fires in the past because I relied on my reasoning instead of God's truth & cheated myself out of God's best for me & missed the opportunity to meet Jesus. I regret I doubted Jesus would be there for me. Since then I've doubted, but instead of leaning into my understanding I ask Jesus to help me with my unbelief (Mk 9:24). I don't want to miss Jesus again-I'm in awe of the depth of His relentless love.

I really don't have words to express how my faith has grown in the fires, but I know with certainty I can count on Him to meet me every time. What fires are you avoiding...job concerns, dating issues, marriage problems, parenting conflicts, unhealthy friendships, character development, general life dilemmas...your relationship with Jesus? Forfeiting the fires threaten your livelihood & jeopardize your integrity...both keep you from God's best. What God calls you to...He will bring you through. Going in the fire & coming through has nothing to do with your ability, but everything to do with Who's ability you believe in!

Don't let doubt rob you of God's promises-ask Him to help you overcome your unbelief. Stand on what you know to be true...not what you feel to be true. God's truth says Jesus will do exceedingly, abundantly, more than you could ever imagine-according to the power that's at work within you (Eph 3:20). Choose to believe the power that's at work within you-it's where you will meet Jesus in the fire (Dan 3:16-27)! I called out to the Lord; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant-their faces are never covered with shame (Ps 34:4-5). Don't forfeit the fire...it's where you meet Jesus! Will you trust Him? LMM #donotforfeitthefire #christianinsightforlife

No comments: