Saturday, March 8, 2014

So long regret...I have to go!

So long regret…I have to go. Regret is a painful emotion & will steal the promises of God if you're not careful. There are many things in my life that I would do different if I had a chance to do again, but I can't go back & change things. For years, after I was saved, I allowed regret to remind me of what I did or didn't do that caused pain for others. I thought I had to take it...after all, being saved didn't exempt me from the natural consequences of my former behavior.

One day while praying I was just a mess-I was begging God to help me make up for the wrong I had caused others either deliberately or in my ignorance. God clearly spoke to my heart that I was correct, I couldn't go back & change the hurt imposed, nor could I make up for something caused... but He could & He would! He reminded me that He is & will always be the Healer, Redeemer, Jehovah Jireh, Comforter, Restorer, Strong Tower, Deliverer-the Great I Am...Who's not constrained by our time frames! He is the past, present & future at the same time, the Alpha & Omega! My Father God met me in my pain & my petition to restore those loved ones that were hurt by my behavior. I had come to the end of myself in prayer that day-I had been sincerely trying to give back what only God could give. When I got out of His way...He made a way doing what I could never do.

That day I said so long to regret. Regret's tried numerous times to return & remind me of a the past, but I don't engage, instead, I lean into the shelter of my Father, My Strong Tower-He lovingly hides me under His wing & reminds me that He has restored & given back to those who were harmed in my ignorance & that He continues to do exceedingly more than I could ever do for them. Will you let God restore & give back to those you knowingly or unknowingly harmed? Tell regret…so long it's time for you to go! (I Jn 1:1-3, Joel 2:25, Eph 3:20)LMM ‪#‎solongregret‬ ‪#‎christianinsightforlife‬

No comments: