Friday, November 23, 2012

Hearing the Voice of Truth...

Hearing the Voice of Truth...Most of us are willing to follow Jesus and look crazy for Christ but we don't trust that we have heard His voice. We reason that we made up what we thought we heard in our spirit. Stop reasoning...God will not let you go the wrong way if you are seeking His direction daily. Reasoning will keep you from hearing the Voice of Truth and you will begin to backtrack your former conversations with God and doubt what you heard Him tell you in the past. Recently in prayer one morning I did this very thing. I almost ran off the road with reasoning then the Holy Spirit said to me "I know you're sincere-I will never leave you. You must trust that I will lead you." I stopped my reasoning immediately-understanding the mind monologue I had engaged in which caused me to doubt what I had heard the Holy Spirit speak to my spirit. God loves me He will stop me before I go in the wrong direction. Even if I miss His redirection, He will cover me until I get it. The key to hearing the Voice of Truth is to stop reasoning. Reasoning distracts and engages your mind in a monologue and your unaware of the Voice of Truth speaking to you. Be purposed in hearing the Holy Spirit...and have confidence knowing He will lead you-if you miss Him, He will reach out to you until you're turned in the right direction. You can move ahead with boldness and look crazy for Christ with confidence! (James 4:8, Isa 30:21) 5/12-LMM

No comments: