Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The end of yourself...is a new beginning

The end of yourself...is a new beginning. Is there anything you're holding onto that you are unwilling to release for fear it will not return? Is there a relationship that you feel responsible for...the person needs you to make it? Do you want to believe what the bible says about having a good future, tithing, forgiveness, love, casting your cares, and anxious thoughts? Do you feel you are so deep and over your head in a situation that it's too late? Do you find that you do not look forward to anything most days? You are probably exhausted, worn out, and about ready to quit. Friend, you are at the end of yourself and it is a good place to be. I know it does not feel good, but your end is actually a beginning...with Jesus. Give your life over to Him and He will put His life in you; restoring all your hurt, anger, hopelessness, fear, shame, and uncertainties. I had to get to the end of myself. I tried until I almost died-I did my best to take care of everything; but my best was not enough...and neither is yours. I loved Jesus, but I did not know how to receive His love for me...until I had exhausted all my resources, was worn hurt, and had no where to go for help. It wasn't that I denied His help...I just didn't know how to ask for it or receive it. I was taught to be responsible, to take care of things, to be reliable; these are all good things-but Jesus must guide and supply us with His love to manage these responsibilities. I could no longer carry my cares, so I cast them on Jesus...and He took them and He will take yours (1 Peter 5:7). He is the Way, the Truth, and  the Life (John 14:6)! He is your answer to what you've been facing or need to face. Blessings to you as you trust Him. 10/29/12CIFL-LMM

No comments: