Thursday, March 7, 2013

Trials...

God says He loves us and He will never leave us. If we believe Who God says He is, then during trials, we're secure in His love even though we don't understand everything. But if our belief in God is based on...what we can understand Him doing or not doing...then we love Him conditionally-our love is determined by His responses in particular situations. When we go through trials, we have an opportunity to mature our faith and develop perseverance-so that we lack nothing. God says to ask for wisdom during trials and He will give it without finding fault, but when we ask, we must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not believe he will receive anything from the Lord; he is double minded man, unstable in all he does. God welcomes our questions that challenge us...but not rhetorical ones that challenge Him. You're crossing a line when you question His authority...it's blatant disrespect and you're testing Him-ask Jesus to help you not to doubt. When I committed my life to Christ, I made the decision to believe Him, but I didn't completely trust Him. I was honest and told God I wanted to believe Him but I was scared to trust Him. Then God sent His help...grace and mercy to do a work in me so I could receive what I professed to believe in my heart. My Father God met me where I was. I was doubting and I asked for help...and He made a way for me. He will for you too friend, if you ask. Our Father loves us, He meets us where we are-we must decide if we believe all of His promises and count on Him each day to provide for us; this is how we strengthen our faith daily. He's for you and not against you-rest in Him being for you! (James 1:2-8, Mt 4:7, Mk 9:24, Eph 2:8-9, Mt 7:7, Rom 8:31) 5/12-LMM

No comments: