Sunday, March 3, 2013

Being still with Jesus is difficult for most of us...

Time with Jesus...are you compelled to get things done for Jesus before you spend time with Him? It's a subtle trap I call the Martha Mentality. I know it well because I overcome it daily. I love Jesus & I love doing for Jesus, but "doing" for Him is not the same as "being" with Him!

Jesus described Martha as overly occupied- busy & distracted with much serving. He described Mary as choosing the good portion that would not be taken from her. Marthas don't stop...until they drop! Marys are able to seek Jesus & relax with Him-knowing things will get done. Sitting down when there's obvious work to be done is almost unfathomable to a Martha! Do I have any Marthas who get what I'm saying? 

All of us have hectic schedules; several things vie for first place on most days- impossibles knock on the door of our mind demanding answers. I use to ask Jesus to bless my hectic pace-only to end up frustrated the next day because I had found no relief. Then the Holy Spirit gave me revelation...I was suppose to release my hectic schedule to Him & He would instruct me on how to proceed...this  changed my life! 

Jesus knows we're busy-He knows the impossibles we face. He faced impossibles daily-healing the sick, feeding 5,000 from one lunch, constant naysayers & false accusations & those He loved denied knowing Him during His greatest need. He gets what we're going through! And we're to do as He did to get through...seek & spend time with the Father first-resting in His love; receiving restoration, direction & revelation. Don't get caught in the Martha Mentality-each day has many priorities & the only way to prioritize them is to seek Christ first. Trust Him with all your heart, don't rely on your wisdom...He will guide & direct your hectic schedule. Will you seek Jesus first?(Lk 10:39-42, Mt 6:33, Pr 3:5-6, Ps 32:8) LMM #schedules #christianinsightforlife www.facebook.com/christianinsightforlife

No comments: