Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Believing Some of Jesus...

Believing Some of Jesus...
Anytime we believe "some of something," we won't be confident in all of it...we'll believe parts, but won't have certainty that we can rely on it completely...so we don't. We'll rely on the parts we believe in, and won't rely on the other parts...leaving us uncertain and anxious. What keeps us from believing all the parts of something? The answer is life and our exper
iences-it is unfair, unpredictable, and unstable in many ways. But God...He never changes. He is the same today as He was yesterday, and will be the same tomorrow. He is with us, will never leave us, is strong when we are weak, and pours His love in us. If you are waiting on your feelings to completely trust God...you will only believe "some of Jesus" and you will not be confident. James 1:5-8 sums this up, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord, he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."
I was double minded for years...I tried so hard to believe...I wanted to believe, but more days than not I ended up in the ditch, worn out and discouraged. I professed God's Word, but I didn't walk it out-I was anxious and uncertain. I was double-minded...I believed "some of Jesus." Then about 8 years ago, I got the revelation of speaking God's Word aloud-agreeing with what He says. When we speak scripture, we are partnering with the Creator of the universe. He spoke this world into existence...He made something from nothing. When we speak His Words, we agree and believe that something can come from nothing not because of what we do but because of Who we have faith in. I spoke scripture to things that once would take me down. When I came up against an impossible situation, I spoke Romans 4:17-call those things that be not as though they are. I reminded myself daily that no matter what destruction my eyes saw, I walked by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). That if God is for me, even if I felt engulfed in craziness, who could be against me (Rom 8:31). That my God holds everything together in His hands (Col 1:17). Continue to speak scripture in the middle of your fire just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abedengo. Remember they went in the furnace, fire blazed around them, but they came out not being burned or even smelling like smoke. Friends, speak what God says is true...His Word, it's a privilege and it will save you and loved ones during the fire. Daily, believe all of Jesus to be stable in all you do. Blessings!
6/18/12-LMM

No comments: