Thursday, September 27, 2012

Leaving My Familiar to Follow Jesus...

The middle part of believing...is in the middle of your familiar-known and your new season-unknown...This is where God will do His greatest work in you. My middle part of believing continues to challenge me and deepen my faith. I've experienced a barrage of doubt, my insecurities confronted, my beliefs challenged, and my pride purged. I've been uncomfortable, uncertain, and unsettled. My former familiar predictable schedule gone...my false confidence knocked out from under me, leaving me with a sense of awkwardness. The middle part of believing has been a long journey; I've become weary and I've considered giving up at times...then my Father always sends His encouragement through someone who loves and values me and who will be honest with me. I know this is how God must develop me-for me to know Him and to experience His love for me. I didn't know nearly what I thought I did...but this raw and vulnerable middle part of believing has led me to a deeper revelation of where I stand with God; He sustains me, comforts me, encourages me...every one of His promises is true. Emotions come and go but He never changes. I must stay connected to Him-He supplies me with everything I need, I trust Him because of Who He is...I do not have to know what He will do. He promises good plans for me and I believe Him...I know His voice...I'm never alone..ever, He's with me always...when I get into my new season, I will be ready not because I'm there...but because I know Him. The middle part of believing has been the most amazing journey of my life-I know my Father...He knows my name and He loves me...8/10/12-LMM

No comments: