Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God's Challenge to me...

This post is longer than most I write, but I hope you will read it...God challenged me if I really believe Him, that I would have the guts to post this.
The middle part of believing...leaving a comfortable former way of life, obeying God, and moving forward to the other side where He's called you. But before you arrive at the other side...you're in the middle part of believing. This is where you choose

to trust God completely or you'll consider and reason potential outcomes that will certainly drown you. God put the term "middle part of believing" on my heart 16 mos ago at the onset of a huge change in our lives-we were excited, but also anxious; we prepared and anchored our faith for the upcoming storm. God is so faithful, the first year was actually smoother than we anticipated, but God clearly put in my spirit to get ready...that He needed to purify us beyond what we thought possible...so the last 4 months, we've been wrung out! I've envisioned telling people since the onset of this change how God had provided for us...then God challenged my spirit, saying to me: "it's great when people give me glory after I've provided for them...but it takes guts to give me glory, when you see no indicators in the natural, yet you boldly state, I will provide." In my close circle of friends, I boldly state this, as does my husband, Rod, that God is doing a great work and is preparing us for what is next. Our faith has been tested and we've become stronger. We've been careful not to make our situation our identity...You see, our huge change was an employment transition for Rod when his former company was sold-God gave him contract work for one year that provided more than enough for our family. But the last 4 months have been taking us...deep-it's the middle part of believing. And this is where God has challenged me...last Nov I started this page at God's request-I had never written things for people to read before...I have been a counselor for 28 yrs, but God told me to get on fb and post what He put on my heart. I obeyed...then recently God challenged me-wanting to know that, if I really believed Him, I would post to the public and thank Him for the job that we believe we have, but have not been given any hint of in the natural. Even as I write, satan is trying to stop me with his lies..."people are going to feel sorry for you, you look like you you're digging for sympathy..." and so on. But I'm focused on what God has asked me to do in my spirit and I'm carrying it out...so the revelation of faith deepens in me as I meditate on the middle part of believing. When we choose to believe God, we do so because He is God. Believing Him is based on Who He is...He is love and He loves us and cares for us. We can't understand all He does, but we choose whether or not we will believe all He does. With no indicators in the natural, Rod and I are standing on His Word alone...as our source-we believe Him...we trust His provision for us. We choose to believe what we can't touch, feel, smell, hear, or see...nothing visible...in fact, if we leaned into our senses, we would be discouraged, because our senses indicate little hope of any changes on the horizon. But we know our God makes something from nothing...and when we confess with our mouth what He can do...not what we can do-He moves the heavens for us-He's pleased when we believe what we do not yet see...That's why this is taking guts for me to write...many have been watching our faith as we've gone through this middle part of believing. We've remained stable, consistent, and we walk what we talk because we lean on God's strength and His understanding-not ours. But to state with confidence, after 16 months of no change, takes guts on our part. Like God had put on my heart, it's great to give Him glory...after He answers the prayer, but He challenged me to thank Him publicly, while we have no leads in sight. We walk by faith...not by sight. This is about Him...Who He is-we expect God will provide; we don't know what that looks like, but we trust Him. Our Father will provide-and we say it over and over, and we remind each other, and we look back on the times that He has, because He is faithful...always-He never fails us...never. We know He loves us and has good plans. We make a decision in advance...no matter what happens, we're with Him-He's our Father. We can say, all is well, because our Father lives in us and we know Him...we believe because anything He says is always true...so I boldly thank my Father for giving us exceedingly, abundantly, more than we could of dared asked for...in Rod's new job. I've shown you my guts...for my God...and that I love Him and I believe Him, all the time and in every situation. He provides everything I need-Amen! Thank you for taking the time to read what God put on my heart.

No comments: