Sunday, September 23, 2012

Talents & Gifts

I Originally posted this on May 1, 2011.  I had no plans of a blog, but God did. On May 15th, Christian Insight for Life was born. Read this & you will see the connection. Each person is given a skill set of talents & gifts for God's glory-He deposits them in our DNA at conception, but will add to them throughout the course of our lives as we spiritually mature. God expects us to use our gifts (1Cor12:7). We can enjoy them, but they're not for us to keep to ourselves or use when we "feel" like using them. Every person has talents & every person's gifts matter. Don't say, "I don't think I have anything to offer," you're not glorying God. He wants you to know what He's wired you to do so you can use what He's called you to do- those plans to prosper you & not to harm you, giving you a hope & a future (Jer29:11). Listen closely...your availability activates God's ability through you. Many stumble at this point; they want a how & when list. My friend, God's not going to give you that. He will continue to supply all your needs with each step of faith you take-empowering you to do what's humanly impossible because He, the Almighty God, El Shaddai, Jehovah Jireh will flow through you! We really need to get over what we can't do...because really, we can't do much anyway-we just like to think we can. I'll share my experience. In Aug 2012, God put on my heart to set up a fb account and post things He put on my heart. First of all, I'd did not have a fb nor had any desire...I was too busy with my practice. God was very clear in His instructions to me. I obeyed, but I was sick to my stomach the whole time. Keep in mind, I'd developed a comfort level over 28 yrs of being a counselor-I knew my routine, I was confident because I relied on God for insight. Then God altered my career path-suddenly. All the things God had whispered to my heart over the yrs in the sessions with clients was now flooding from withing me & I had to write it. I did not choose this-I was compelled. One day I was complaining to God about only getting a few "likes" on a post He gave me-I'm telling you I heard clearly in my spirit, "I don't put you on there to prove you...I put you on there to use you." Well, I have not looked back. I continue to put one foot in front of the other-to please Him; using what He equips me to do. I have no idea what God plans next, if anything, but I do know I'm doing what He's called me to do & I have freedom in Him. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom (1Co3:17). I hope sharing some of my fears with you will give you some encouragement to execute what God's called you to do. Nobody has it all together, all of us struggle, we all fail but God is always with us & forever flowing His love through us to accomplish His plans for His glory for our good. Now, allow your talents & gifts to be used by God. Talk to you soon! 5/1/12-LMM

No comments: