Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Each day we choose...faith or frustration

Every day we will face situations where we will exercise our faith in God and His ability or impose our agenda, which leads to frustration. Many believe the lie that they have no choice but to become frustrated-they're unaware they are pushing their agenda without God's endorsement. Frustration does not happen to you...you choose to engage in it. You're over your head when you take on a situation in your strength, verses dealing with it in God's strength. Then you become distracted, lose your focus and grow weary. Now you're positioned for the kill...because frustration depletes you. Listen closely: the enemy  will go for your same weak spot each time-as long as you continue to fall into a pit each time. If you're aware of the areas in your life where you have a tendency to engage in frustration, make up your mind in advance on how you will respond when the attack comes. Practice the scenario in your mind. If your tendency is to try and resolve situations that aren't yours to fix, or procrastinate on projects and create unrealistic deadlines, or to be so involved in helping others that you don't take care of your personal business, or whatever it may be, ask God to help you be aware of the weakness that leads to frustration. He will help and give you the freedom to carry out His agenda because you will be operating in His strength and anointing-not yours. Think about this: when you operate in your strength, you're trying to control a situation that you have no control over. If you believe God, that He's Lord-you will seek strength through Him and His ability. If you don't, ask Him to help you believe Him. Allow God to show you He can handle your life because He did...create your life. Stop trying to control something you never had control of to begin with. Don't allow your emotions to overtake you. Faith is evidence of what's not seen and the evidence of those things we hope for. When you face a frustrating situation, take your position of faith, stand firm and say, "Father, you see what I'm up against, I can't handle this, but You can-we do not know what to do but our eyes are upon you." Most days I come across impossible situations and I've just learned through enough mistakes and trials to submit to God and profess that if He doesn't handle things, they won't get done, because I can't unless He equips me. My daily prayer is "I choose to believe You can make a way, because You love me and will always be with me. Don't let me doubt You-I want to believe and trust You. Thank you for taking care of me and those I love and things I value." The more I stand on His provisions in my life-the more faith I have in Him to handle what will frustrate me if I try to take it on. God's ways work all the time in every situation and with everyone. What will you choose...faith or frustration? (Phil 4:13, Mk 9:24, Heb 11:1, 1 Jn 4:8, 2 Chron 2:20) 10/17/12CIFL-LMM

No comments: